Educate yourself about your dental care, ask questions and enjoy a life of good dental health.
What it is:
A treatment plan is a customized plan for a patient based on their specific needs.
A Treatment Plan:
- Outlines exactly what dental services Dr. Zaugg recommends based on his findings
- Outlines priority of treatment
- Outlines how much treatment will cost
- For patients with dental insurance, it will ESTIMATE your portion of payment.
- Outlines treatment options (if applicable)
- Outlines how many visits to expect to complete treatment
Dr. Zaugg and his team gather information during an exam and uses it to create an individualized treatment plan.
Considerations Dr. Zaugg Uses When Creating A Treatment Plan
- New dental findings including cavities, cracks in teeth, leaking crowns or fillings and signs of grinding or sleep apnea
- Patient lifestyle, habits and budget
- Existing dental restorations
- Patient age
- Patient health history
- Patient daily oral care habits
Treatment Plan Benefits
- It is developed just for the patient based on their specific needs so that the patient, Dr. Zaugg and his team can work together to provide the best care
- It is designed to prevent small issues from getting bigger and more expensive
- It gives the patient understanding of treatment needed so they can educate themselves before treatment is performed
- It gives the patient a peace of mind knowing they have a clear and detailed estimate on cost of treatment in writing so they know what to expect and plan accordingly
- The patient can talk about treatment and cost with their significant other before proceeding
Things to Remember:
Sometimes problems are found during a dental treatment (a cavity is deeper or bigger than x-ray showed and/or Dr. Zaugg was able to see) that can add to the cost of treatment. Dr. Zaugg will inform you of any additional findings to make sure you understand the additional cost before proceeding with treatment not on the treatment plan.