What it is:
Crowns are made of three types of materials:
- Porcelain- most like a natural tooth in color
- Gold Alloy- strongest and most conservative in its preparation
- Porcelain fused to an inner core of gold alloy- combines strength and aesthetics
A crown is a dental restorative solution that covers or “caps” a tooth.
- Crowns restore a damaged tooth to its natural size, shape, and color.
- They improve the strength, function, and appearance of a tooth which has experienced advanced decay, fracture, or injury that may otherwise be lost.
- They may also be designed to decrease the risk of root decay on teeth with gum tissue recession