Tooth discoloration is the result of a variety of factors.
The most common causes include aging and consumption of staining substances such as coffee, tea, colas, tobacco or red wine. Sometimes teeth are discolored during formation if certain antibiotics, tetracycline or excessive fluoride are consumed. Some staining of teeth is less responsive to whitening. Regardless of the cause, we can help you achieve a whiter smile with better results than strips or other methods. Best of all, your smile will stay whiter longer than any home treatments.
What it is:
Tooth whitening is an established procedure in cosmetic dentistry. Carbamide peroxide and hydrogen peroxide, the active whitening ingredients, have been used safely for many years.
A bright sparkling smile can make a big difference in your appearance, and we are here to help you effectively achieve the results that you want. Our team can help you whiten your smile with a variety of treatments.
- We will custom fit you with trays which you will take home for night and/or day treatments
- Trays, which are filled with a whitening gel, will fit comfortably over your teeth because they are custom-fit to your mouth
- As the peroxide in the gel breaks down, the active ingredients enter the tooth to whiten the stains
- Unlike strips, this process whitens all your teeth and provides maximum comfort with less sensitivity
- You’ll see whitening within the first few days, with maximum results achieved in 10-14 days
- Whitening will last longer
- You may want to “touch-up” once or twice a year
IN-OFFICE ZOOM! WHITENING
- Whitens teeth in just over an hour and is ideal for anyone wanting immediate results
- The procedure begins with a preparation period
- Includes covering your lips and gums, making sure only your teeth are exposed
- ZOOM! whitening gel is then applied to the teeth
- A ZOOM! Lamp is then used to activate the whitening gel and break down the hydrogen peroxide
- Results very, but teeth are generally several shades lighter after the chairside whitening
If you get your teeth professionally whitened Dr. Zaugg can review your dental history to make sure you are a good candidate. Dr. Zaugg can provide you with the best product for you and your lifestyle and oversee the treatment process. Only Dr. Zaugg can provide the maximum strength of whitening gel that last longer than any product you can buy in stores.Take-Home Bleaching Instructions Informed Consent for Zoom! Tooth Whitening Treatment